The editorial team at Valnet Inc. is looking for a dedicated Weekend Comic News Editor to provide comics-related news coverage at CBR.com.
Are you a pop-culture enthusiast dedicated to staying up-to-date with the latest comic book news and rumors? Are you a self-starting, hard-working, and dynamic writer who can investigate, research, and produce compelling news copy to tight deadlines and strict editorial standards?
If so, then we need you!
As a freelance news writer for CBR, you will work with a dedicated editorial team to create original and informative articles that our discriminating audience demands, with the eye-catching aesthetic they crave.
Want to turn your passion for our beloved nerd culture into a stable writing gig? Do you think you’d like a great fit for our team? Apply to join the CBR Team today!
- Edit/Write a minimum of 6 news articles daily;
- Work with other CBR editors to consistently and constantly identify news stories to feature on CBR.com;
- Craft headlines, blurbs, and peripheral text to capture new and existing traffic optimize SEO traffic for various avenues of dissemination;
- Set up and optimize news articles for social media channels;
- Work with writers to assign news articles, keep freelance writers on-track to tight deadlines and provide feedback regarding site style and process;
- Identify new areas of growth for the CBR News operation as needed or dictated by News Lead and/or Senior Editors;
- Track and analyze traffic trends to identify best practices and areas for future growth, especially on weekends;
- Communicate with external media partners ion behalf of CBR;
- Conduct any and all other tasks as dedicated by the Lead Editor or Senior Staff.
- Cover Letter
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements:
- Relevant experience in writing and editing
- Broad working knowledge of comics history, an expert on comic book characters past and present.
The hiring team at CBR will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you’d make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.
Link to our website: www.screenrant.com
Powered by JazzHR
- Marketing & Advertising
- Online Media
- Public Relations