At United Shore we want the best people. We work with you to ensure your role is tailored to best suit you. You will play a key role in expanding our fast growing application development team. We have experienced explosive growth as an emerging leader in the Financial Industry, and are looking for team leads who will lead our growth going forward.
As a Developer Lead at United Shore you will work in a fast paced, results driven environment and be responsible mentoring and growing a team of developers who will work to build a highly scalable enterprise application. Your team will be a highly talented group comprised of talented developers that are working on many of our exciting projects to continue our phenomenal growth and dominance of the wholesale mortgage market.
We are looking for the best Developer Leads who are motivated and possess exemplary communication and leadership abilities.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience with the entire software development life cycle.
This position reports directly to the Assistant Vice President (Vice President) of Application Development.
What You Will Be Doing
- You are responsible for the health of your team
- Promote best practices and patterns
- Facilitate communication between team members to ensure the success of your team
- Mentor and lead developers
- Foster learning on your team
- Suggest new processes and document reoccurring processes that will help streamline software development.
- Leads the design, construction, and implementation phases of system or project upgrades.
- Cultivate leadership on your team
- Facilitate collaboration on your team, and among our other technical discipline leads
- Foster adoption and adherence to our Agile software methodology
- Drive to keep projects on track
- Keep senior leaders well informed during the project life cycle
- Participate in interviews
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Computer-related degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to communicate with strong technical skills
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with software project management
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Experience with customer management (setting expectations, relationship management)
- Ability to work with limited guidance in a team environment
- Experience with team member management
- Full software life-cycle experience
- Exemplary communication abilities
- Ability to mentor developers
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with database design
- Experience in the mortgage industry
- Experience with TFS and SVN
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Experience unit testing
- Knowledge of SOLID principles
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
United Shore is a diverse group of mortgage experts, sales superstars, tech gurus, marketing whizzes and more. We’re a $100 billion and growing, family owned and operated company that still feels like family. Our award-winning workplace just happens to be home to the #1 wholesale mortgage lender in the nation, United Wholesale Mortgage. And we believe in setting our team members up for success by creating a unique, energetic culture where you can be yourself and still reach your professional goals.
Here are some of the reasons you’ll love working here:
- Large, state-of-the-art fitness center with a full-size basketball court, outdoor sand volleyball court, plus sports leagues
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician’s office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch, and a dedicated food truck
- Free fruit, soft drinks and coffee
- Convenience store featuring grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and indoor/outdoor café with Wi-Fi
- Escape room designed for team-building activities
- Indoor/outdoor putting greens
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation and change. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Team members may be required to perform other or different job-related duties as requested by their team lead, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment with United Shore is “at-will.” United Shore is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Financial Services
- Customer Service