Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic Corp. has an immediate need for a Solution Consultant (Ops Planner) in our Mississauga office. The business title is Material Handling Solutions Consultant – Operations Planner. The ideal candidates should have 8+ years experience working with the application of material handling solutions including mechanical design and machine control with an understanding of warehouse control software and operational considerations. This role involves building customer relationships, setting strategy, developing solutions, and developing financial models to sell “best in class” solutions to Dematic customers.
Job Family Specific Responsibilities
- Works on multiple projects, some with assistance from others but often conduct small to mid sized projects without assistance.
- Performs analysis of customers’ business requirements and develops solutions to meet or exceed customers’ needs. Conducts or oversees the development of proposal documents.
- Estimates time frames, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully implement very complex project; develops project plan incorporating all project variables.
- Conducts periodic status checks with customer and team to assess progress against plan.
- Prepares weekly status reports on all project activities.
- May develop pre-sales support activities as needed.
- Collects data that accurately represents customer requirements.
- Accurately, clearly and concisely displays design requirements.
- Determines methodology for collecting, analyzing and summarizing data critical to design.
- Uses written descriptions, spreadsheets, charts, and material flow diagrams skillfully.
- Stay abreast of current / future operating strategies and technologies by attending industry conferences, seminars, etc.
- Understands customer’s operations thoroughly.
- Develops a wide range of concepts that meet or exceed the Design Criteria. Concepts may range from manual to fully automated solutions.
- To facilitate concept understanding, uses drawings and sketches skillfully.
- Evaluates concepts and recommends the best solution. Skilled in using evaluation techniques ranging from simple “pro and con” comparisons to sophisticated Return on Investment (ROI) calculations.
- Produces a Design Report that professionally summarizes the project.
- Thoroughly understands the practices, methodologies and requirements of the Supply Chain Solutions Department and serves as adviser to all group members.
- May be exposed to next level of duties and responsibilities.
Performs advanced areas of work for the professional field. Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently. Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
What We Are Looking For
Typically BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree, where required. Certification may be required in some areas.
Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization’s business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
Typically 8-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Direction Of Others
Provide specialized guidance or train support and/or professional staff. Leadership qualities and role model qualities demonstrated.
Key Working Relationships
Intra-organizational contacts and external contacts.
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Information Technology