Citi’s Innovation labs is a global network of innovation centers focused on delivering cutting edge solutions to Citi’s Markets, Securities Services and Banking lines of business.
Our Mission is to create a competitive advantage for our clients, manifested as change in the way they operate, by providing innovative technological solutions with strong client engagement, from idea to production, and by leveraging the entrepreneurship spirit.
We are currently looking for a senior leader to manage the Uno Product Engineering Unit. Uno is a cutting edge trade monitoring and analytics solution used globally among Citi’s trading desks.
The ideal candidate is a great technologist with excellent people management skills, who can drive a global team and engage with senior stakeholders.
- Lead a large engineering unit in 3 locations (Canada, India and UK), including all engineering functions
- Manage multiple teams of professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Lead the architecture of a highly complex and mission critical solution
- Engage with technical and business stakeholders to define and design solution concepts
- Lead designs of highly complex features in an advanced production environment (containerized, micro-service based, highly scalable and resilient) and in most advanced agile methodologies
- Set high engineering standards and drive for adoption of advanced tools and methodologies for improved efficiency and quality
- Drive innovation activities within the group, and come up with new technologies, capabilities and solutions that can take the product to a higher adoption and user satisfaction levels
- Provide strategic influence and exercise control over resources, budget management and planning while monitoring end results
- Influence and negotiate with senior leaders across functions, as well as communicate with external parties as necessary
Experience & Qualifications
- Academic degree in Computer Science or equivalent. MBA – advantage
- Proven senior leadership experience (at least 40 employees) for at least 3 years
- Very good business and product understanding
- High level of software craftsmanship and skills
- Proven experience with building highly complex systems and architectures
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in agile development methodologies, and in fast cycles
- Experience with Frontend technologies – an advantage
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Grade :All Job Level – All Job FunctionsAll Job Level – All Job Functions – CA
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology