Global Financial Firm located in Mississagua, ON has an immediate contract opportunity for an experienced Release/Change Manager.
“This role is currently work-from-home and will move to the office environment after the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.” must have reliable internet, computer and android or iphone for remote access
Must be in Country
A Mid- level candidate will be taking ownership of BCMA Tech applications. Role will be part of Global BCMA Technology best in class Technology transformation journey. Role will be interfacing BCMA Banker, business clients for all application communication. As part of Best in class TechOps team- Role will be part with peer engineering/production team to take ownership of any application feature. Role will be responsible to improve/automate the release management(traditional, cloud deployments). Role need someone who is a keep learner, drives automation. Position has potential for advancement depending on success of the hired individual.
- Take complete ownership of Production applications stability, reliability
- Application releases
- Ensure application stability to improve the Client experience
- Understand, debug the code of application in Web Technology stack
- Troubleshoot data issues using SQL.
- Completes root cause analysis of incidents
- Understand, document the need of client, process improvements
- Manage Jira boards
- 8 + years of proven Technology development experience demonstrated interest in application change management, support and problem resolution
- 5+ years must have hands on experience data centric applications, for example CRM, data capture, reporting or similar. ( exp CRM – Preferably /oracle DB/SQDB).
- Must have experience in App release management.
- Knowledge of JIRA and Git/TFS or similar issue tracking and source control systems
- Passion to learn existing Technology platform, debugging, enhancement to support business critical functions.
- Database hands on experience with SQL server or similar technology.
- Good interpersonal skills with a natural ability to work with and support colleagues, ability to adapt to and work effectively with clients and co-workers with different work styles and levels of technical knowledge
- Must be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently,
- Fluent written/ spoken English
- Good analytical and commutation skills
- Must work well under pressure and changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently given general guidance
- Good team player, work can work with global team.
- Bachelor/Master degree in computer Science, accounting, finance or related discipline
- Information Technology & Services
- Financial Services
- Hospital & Health Care
- Information Technology