At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada’s largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we’re not only leading our industry, but we’re redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we’re committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
We’re looking for 2 Quality Assurance Analysts to join our growing team!
As a Quality Assurance Analyst Level II, your work will have a big impact on our Commercial Lines Operations & Planning team. With moderate supervision, you will carry out the different activities related to software testing, plan and perform system functional and acceptance tests on strategic system projects or on a regional or national basis with moderate to high complexity. You will act to improve systems, workflow and profitability through the software testing and analysis. Based on the project scope, this could involve many business handling systems.
Here Are a Few Ways You’ll Make a Difference
- Assume responsibility for preparing and testing software and related documents and provides support during these tests. Prepare test cases, test matrices and reports, as well as any other document required in his/her sector based on Intact standards, processes and procedures.
- Provide technical support and guidance to business on system issues.
- Identify, log, prioritize, verify and work closely with product owners, developers and scrum master to resolve problems by performing sufficient analysis to determine the root cause of the defects, as required.
- Review, analyze and evaluate requirements, in order to prepare test plans and test cases.
- Participate in walkthroughs, demos, and estimating.
- Work with meticulous accuracy and produce deliverables of exceptional quality.
- College diploma or Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or Equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in testing
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Test automation experience
- Interest in native mobile apps for Android and iOS
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point
- Good communication skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Ability to set and manage priorities
- Attention to detail
- Availability to work outside normal business hours on occasion (weekends, etc.)
- Knowledge of HP ALM and RTC (asset)
- CIP designation (asset)
- French, both written and spoken (asset)
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on July 7, 2020 at 11:59PM.
- Financial Services
- Venture Capital & Private Equity
- Quality Assurance