Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
The Personal and Business Regulatory Financing Solutions Department is looking for a functional and quality assurance analyst to join the Bee Squad, one of three teams dedicated to the Basel program for the financing sector.
The team operates in an Agile environment and operates a backlog mainly related to the management of regulatory defects. Other elements will complete the application scope covered by the team in the coming months. The challenges are ongoing and very stimulating. The work covers legacy Java applications, but most of the time involves PaaS development. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with the back end and the front end. The work environment is harmonious, and humour is an important part of our day.
As functional analyst, you support IT efficiency by designing, configuring, administering, maintaining and upgrading computer networks, management systems and database servers in accordance with the organization’s needs. You analyze and diagnose complex issues; provide opinions based on your discipline’s rules; recommend solutions to improve or optimize standards, policies and programs; and propose implementation plans. Your projects and initiatives require extensive knowledge of your line of work. You coordinate the planning, design and execution of projects and initiatives. You help solve complex problems requiring comprehensive analysis and knowledge of your line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in other fields. You serve as subject matter expert for your unit, clients and partners.
- Identify, input, analyze and interpret data to support testing phases, implementation strategies and quality assurance testing; inform decision-making; and monitor the application of management policies and practices. Analyze risks, prepare reports, propose solutions, make recommendations, and provide advice on how to implement recommendations
- Prepare and recommend action plans and address issues in accordance with rules and parameters
- Actively help develop, implement and update management policies, practices and standards.
Other Working Condition
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Desjardins Cross-sector Skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Action oriented, Business insight, Collaborates, Complexity, Customer Focus, Innovation
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Information technology (FG)
- Financial Services
- Quality Assurance