Experienced Business News Editor with international business news experience to join an International Broadcast News Organization in DC.
This Jobot Job is hosted by Steve Eskovitz
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply” button and sending us your resume.
Salary $80,000 – $90,000
A Bit About Us
We have an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced Business News Editor with international business news experience to join an exciting and growing International Broadcast News Organization located in the Washington, D.C. area.
The position will start remote but once things reopen this position will require living in or commuting to DC weekly.
Why join us?
We offer an industry competitive compensation package along with a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Conceive, write, and/or refine business and economics stories on multiple-platforms—i.e., cable, web and mobile.
- Must have knowledge of global financial markets, monetary policy, macroeconomics, and trade.
- Review scripts for accuracy, fairness, grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Content must be properly sourced.
- Fact check program content, including graphics, charts, and lower thirds/straps. Revise or re-write scripts when necessary.
- Collaborate with Editorial Team members, and with other teams.
- Native English speaker.
- 2+ years of experience in business news preferred.
- Advanced skills in editing English for accuracy, balance, clarity, and appropriate style.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and demanding 24-hour news environment.
- Must be flexible—editing general news as well as business, finance, and economic stories.
- Must work one weekend a month, and extended shifts when circumstances require—i.e., late breaking news stories.
- Must be familiar with Asia’s economy and with Western economic models from the present to the past.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field, i.e., political science, history, economics, business, finance.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply” button.
- Financial Services
- Writing & Editing
- Broadcast Media
- Public Relations